Tengai is and two-way interactive interview dialogue that creates a more fair and exciting experience for you as a candidate. The Conversational AI doesn’t care about age, looks, gender or race. Neither will it judge you by tone of voice or dialect. In addition, the HR-tech tool gives a virtual feeling of real human interaction. Job-seekers state that it makes them engage emotionally and socially and some also state that they could give more honest answers to Tengai than a human interviewer.
Candidate Experience with Conversational AI
Want to know what it’s like?
What does the previous interviewees think of Tengai?
Based on several thousands interviews and anonymously surveyed candidates:
said they could give a better/ more honest answer in the Tengai interview than to a human recruiter
stated they would like to be interviewed like this again
thought the interview was serious
Candidate experience with conversational AI – what’s it like?
During a job interview, Tengai asks all candidates the same questions in the exact same way and order. This makes the interview experience fair for all job seekers. During the 20 minute interview, Tengai constantly gives ‘human’ feedback. That includes nodding, smiling, leaning her head or saying “mhm”. The purpose is to encourage the candidate to give elaborate answers. And if the answer is too vague, Tengai might ask the candidate to give more concrete examples. An interview with Tengai is a unique candidate experience with conversational AI
Tengai’s mission is to make interviews fair for all job-seekers. As an interviewee, you will have the opportunity to tell Tengai more about yourself and your personality traits. Tengai will ask you questions that are backed by science. The purpose is to highlight your personality traits early in the process to be able to make the best possible and objective evaluation without being affected by age, gender, looks, or race. Tengai asks the same questions, in the same order, to you and all other applicants. That makes the process equal and fair for all to mitigate unconscious bias in the process.
To attend an interview and to answer questions about yourself is hard for most people. Even if you are well prepared, it’s unlikely that you’ll get to prepare for specific questions that the interviewer might ask you. Since an interview with Tengai is new to most people, we believe it’s important that you get the opportunity to prepare and that you feel well informed before the interview. We will guarantee the same experience as everyone else and you’ll get the equal opportunity to tell us about yourself and your personal qualities.
The interview consists of 20 main questions with follow-up questions. These are divided into statements and past behavior questions.
- Before the interview, Tengai will appear on the candidates’ screen when using the link we’ve provided prior to the interview.
- In the welcome introduction, Tengai briefly talks about the job at hand and the interview process. The purpose is to clarify what competencies the employer is looking for, so the candidate can focus on sharing desired qualities and experiences.
- Tengai then – in a dialogue format – starts the interview.
- During the interview, Tengai asks a series of statements to find out more about the candidates’ personality
- Tengai listens carefully to the candidates’ answer and interprets the answers as the interview progress.
Past Behavior Questions
- During the interview, Tengai also asks a series of Past Behaviour Questions. These questions is to find out more about the candidates’ behaviour.
- The Past Behaviour Questions consists of a set of several questions, asking the candidate to describe certain situations where they could demonstrate their skills.
- The candidate is also being asked to reflect on the result of the different situations.